Read our refund policies due to COVID-19
Refund procedures due to COVID-19We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and will continue to provide information and assistance to travel advisors as we receive information from airlines. We understand the considerable business challenges you are facing and are working hard to help. We have teams working around the clock responding to customers and processing refunds.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please see our “Resources” section at the bottom of this page.
We thank you in advance for your patience and ask that you first check the airline website for the latest information regarding cancelled flights and refund policies. Rules are changing almost daily and in most cases the airline websites are the best place to find the most accurate and updated information.
Please keep in mind:
- Airlines’ guidance and policies are changing daily, sometimes hourly
- For non-impacted routes, the same fare rules may apply and waivers may not be granted by the airlines
- More restrictive fare rules may be applied by airlines to consolidator fares
We are currently experiencing high contact volumes. As the situation is still evolving, airlines and other travel partners are continually reviewing their policies. If your customers are not due to travel within the next two months, we recommend that you wait before contacting us to ensure we have the latest policy information for your travelers.
You will find useful information below to help guide your next steps:
- If you booked in WINGS, and your airline has issued a waiver policy and your customer travel is within the next 14 days, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “REFUND DUE TO CORONAVIRUS DEP DATE MM/DD/YEAR – PNR.” Remember to include the record locator in your email so we can find your reservation
- We will respond with the amount which will be credited to the credit/debit card which was used at the time of purchase. Please be patient. We have received thousands of refund requests to date and are processing them continuously
- If a refund is allowed, the amount due will be refunded to the credit/debit card holder including any markup or commission you added
- The markups or commissions as well as the service fee MUST be returned to us BEFORE we process the refund
- The normal service fee of $25
- If you were already paid a commission for the PNR, and you have no credit due from which to deduct the commission and service fee that is owed for the refund, we will need the commission returned and service fee paid in order to process the refund
- If you booked through Sky Bird, you can mail a check for the recalled commission amount AND service fee to Sky Bird Attn: Coronavirus Refund. Please include your agency name and PNR on the check
- Alternatively, to expedite the refund, send a scan of a check (back and front) payable to Sky Bird to email@example.com with the recalled commission and refund fee, PNR, and agency name printed on the check. This will be the quickest way to get the refund initiated
- Once the recalled commission and fee are received, the refund will be processed immediately
- If the airline has not issued a policy yet, and you still wish to cancel, please note normal airline penalties and restrictions will apply. If you still wish to cancel without a waiver, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “CANCELLATION DUE TO CORONAVIRUS”
- Please note by submitting a cancellation you give Sky Bird the right to cancel the purchase. All cancellations are final and cannot be reversed
- Any refund according to the airline's policy would be submitted to the credit/debit card which was used at the time of purchase. Please notice that refunds might take a longer time than usually due to the circumstances
Stay up-to-date on the latest Coronavirus information.
CDC Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Read links below.
World Health Organization Travel Advice
COVID-19 Country Specific Information
U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
Embassy of India
IATA- Countries Travel Restrictions